Living with Coeliac Disease
Have you recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease? Are you confused about how you can eat healthily on your new diet?
Are you aware that when you start a gluten-free diet, it is really important to support the gut micribiome? This is because around 3/4 of the prebiotic fibre we eat on a Western diet come from wheat! It is therefore really important to ensure that gut health is maintained and supported during this transition to a gluten-free lifestyle.
During my nutrition appointments:
- I look at coeliac disease close-up so that you fully understand your condition
- I help you balance your diet so that it is even healthier than before
- I give you healthy recipes for breads that work and taste delicious
- I give you a Gluten-Free Made Easy handout which contains everything you need to know
- I help you avoid the gluten-free supermarket aisle as much as possible!
- I help you find ways to restore your gut health and microbiome
For those who are still struggling with their gut health despite following a strict gluten-free diet, I also offer CYREX™ testing to help see if any other foods are contributing to your symptoms. This test may be able to pick up sensitivity to other common foods such as dairy or eggs. It can also identify intolerance or cross allergy to foods that are commonly used as gluten substitutes, such as rice or buckwheat.
My appointments on Living with Coeliac disease help you to live a normal life and teach you how to navigate your way through your gluten-free diet. All appointments are supported with valuable handouts, recipes, meal planners as well as shopping helpers.