Chicken Tikka Kebabs
Ingredients- Serves 2
2 free range or organic chicken breasts
2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 medium red onions, cut into 8 pieces
4 tbsp. plain yogurt
2 tbsp. tikka curry pasts
- Mix the yogurt and tikka paste together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into large cubes and stir it into the curry-yogurt mixture.
- Leave to marinate for 30-60minutes. From experience, marinating for too long can make the chicken become too soft!
- Turn the grill on to a med-high setting or around 230°
- Thread the chicken onto kebab sticks. I like to use metal ones.
- Grill each of the kebabs for around 7 minutes on each side. Test that the chicken is cooked through.
I like to serve this with a large salad and Tzaziki.
Carbohydrates: you may add some brown rice to this dish if you wish.
Tzatziki –serves 8
250g full-fat Greek yogurt
½ cucumber, grated
1 small glove garlic
Salt and pepper
- Grate the cucumber and remove any excess liquid by squeezing it slightly in a clean tea-towel or muslin cloth.
- Stir the garlic and cucumber into the Greek yogurt and season with sea salt and pepper.