Ingredients, serves 4
4 pieces cod loin or any other firm white fish
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped or 2 shallots
4 cloves garlic
2 thumb sized pieces ginger, grated (around 50g)
400g fresh tomatoes, diced, or 1 tin
1 small red chilli pepper
2 tablespoons tomato puree
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Turn the oven on to 180°C, fan.
- Wrap the fish in a foil parcel. Make a parcel by lightly greasing the foil beforehand with olive oil. Place the cod in the centre and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold the foil shut leaving a pocket of air in the parcel to help ‘steam’ the fish cooked. Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cod.
- To make the sauce, add one tablespoon. olive oil to a heavy-based pan. Add the onions, chilli, garlic and ginger and sauté for a further three minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, parsley and coriander and simmer down gently to thicken with the lid off for around 20 minutes. Purée slightly if desired, using a purée stick or food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To Serve: Place a spoonful of the sauce on a plate and place the fish on top. Splash over the lemon juice if using.
- Serve with plenty of green non-starchy vegetables.