Halloumi and Edamame Salad
This is a great way of eating a mixture of beans and cheese. It is surprisingly filling. I can be served with a sweet potato, in a wrap or just as it is, so it is versatile enough for the wole family.
This is also a great packed lunch recipe!
2 tins of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 x 250g pack of Halloumi cheese, cubed
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
2 tsp sweet Paprika
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
2/4 tsp chilli flakes
Salad leaves, assorted
Cooked and cooled broccoli spears
Handful pumpkin seeds
50ml olive oil (extra virgin)
1 dessertspoon Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
- Cook the broccoli in simmering water for 6 minutes. Drain and plunge into iced water to stop the cooking process.
- Arrange all the other vegetables on a large platter and add the cooled broccoli
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the Halloumi cubes and drained chickpeas along with the spices. Cook for around 5-8 minutes, until the Halloumi is golden on all sides and the chickpeas have dried out and are coated in the spices
- Add the chickpea and Halloumi mixture over the top of the salad and sprinkle over some pumpkin seeds.
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jam jar and pour over the top.