Seed and Nut Bread
This has to be hands-down the BEST gluten-free bread I have ever made. Made entirely from nutrient dense nuts and seeds and using eggs to give it a bread like texture, this bread is amazing eaten with just about anything! Best of all the sunflower seeds turn vibrant green. This is simply because bicarbonate of soda is harmlessly reacting with the chlorophyll and is no need for concern.
150 g whole brown almonds
100g walnuts, chopped
25g buckwheat flour
70g olive oil
2 tablespoons golden flaxseeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
6 medium eggs
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place almonds in a food processor or NutriBullet and grind for 10 seconds until they resemble ground almonds
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor (or a bowl) and mix together until combined. The mixture will have the texture of a batter at this stage
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and sprinkle with the extra sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (160°C) until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave bread to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Tip: this loaf can be sliced into thin slices and frozen.