This has to be hands-down the BEST gluten-free bread I have ever made. Made entirely from nutrient dense nuts and seeds and using eggs to give it a bread like texture, this bread is amazing eaten with dips (white bean and feta in the photo) as well as with soup. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
150 g whole brown almonds
100g walnuts, chopped
25g buckwheat flour
70 g melted butter or Olive oil
1 tablsp sesame Seeds •
1 tablsp golden Flaxseeds
1 tablsp chia seeds
1 tablsp sunflower seeds
1 tablsp pumpkin seeds plus 1 extra for sprinkling on top
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
6 medium eggs
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp fine sea salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin (18 cm x 7 cm x 6 cm) with baking paper.
2. Place almonds a food processor or bullet blender and grind for ten seconds until they resemble ground almonds
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor (or a bowl) and mix together until combined. The mixture will have the texture of a batter at this stage
4. Pour into the lined loaf tine and sprinkle with the extra sunflower seeds.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes (160°C) until a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Leave bread to cool in tin for ten minutes, then remove the bread from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving