Ingredients, serves 3-4
30ml olive oil
1 white onion or 3 shallots, finely diced
1 head of broccoli (around 300g) cut into florets
150g frozen peas
700ml vegetable or chicken stock
1 bag of washed, organic baby spinach
1 handful of basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently sauté the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes or until onions are soft and tender.
- Add the broccoli and stock to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 4 minutes until the broccoli is just tender. Try not to overcook the soup at this stage or it will lose its vibrant green colour.
- Add the peas and cook for a further minute to allow them to just defrost.
- Add the spinach and basil. As soon as it starts to wilt take the pan off the heat.
- Blend using a stick blender or transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with some extra basil or a dash of pesto.
Rocket and Basil Pesto ⠀
You will need a food processor or blender for this recipe ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Ingredients– makes 1⠀jar
80g Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, peeled
50g walnut halves
60g rocket and 40g fresh basil leaves
150ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- Grate the Parmesan cheese finely, or add the roughly chopped Parmesan cheese to a food processor/ bullet and process on high speed for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese (if it is not already in the food processor) as well as the garlic, rocket, basil, walnuts, olive oil and salt.
- Process on a medium- high speed (around speed 4-6) for 1 minute.
- Stir and use a spatula to push the mixture down again, then process again to combine.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge. Cover with a layer of olive oil to prevent discolouration.