This is a great alternative if you are intolerant to eggs or choose not to eat eggs for any other reason. Tofu is also a fantastic source of calcium.
Ingredients, serves 2
2 teaspoons olive oil
225g natural tofu
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (with added B12 if possible)
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon black lava salt (such as kala namak which has a slight sulphurous taste)
½ teaspoon garlic powder
50-100ml vegetable stock
Chopped coriander or parsley to garnish
80-100g vegetables of choice – I used kale and plum vine tomatoes
Carbohydrate option: ½ slice sourdough, two oat cakes.
- Measure the spices and nutritional yeast into a bowl.
- Mash the tofu gently with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the tofu and stir until warmed through.
- Add the spices and stir through thoroughly.
- Add some vegetable stock to make it moist.
- Garnish with chopped coriander or parsley
- Serve with extra kale, charred plum tomatoes. Add some carbs if you feel you need them.