Butternut and Sweetcorn Soup
This soup uses butternut and sweetcorn to make it a thick and creamy soup.
Ingredients, serves 4-6
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. olive oil and butter (a mixture prevents the butter burning
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 small tin sweetcorn in water, drained
1 tsp garam masala
400ml vegetable stock
Juice of half a lemon
Himalayan salt, black pepper
Parsley or coriander
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and gently sauté the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes or until onions are soft and tender.
- Add the diced butternut squash and garam masala and continue to sauté for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and vegetable stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender.
- When it has cooled slightly, add the lemon juice and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper
5. Garnish with coriander or parsley and serve.