Carrot and Almond Salad
I love making speedy salads in my food processor for lunch. Really you can chop any hard vegetables into a salad and it certainly breaks the boundaries of a boring green salad. They also can take less than a minute to prepare. The good thing about food processor salads is that they last for around 3 days in the fridge. Try making a different one every day so that you have a few on the go at the same time. It makes eating 250g vegetables at your meal easy!
Ingredients, serves 2-3
400g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
20g whole, raw almonds
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or Sicilian)
10g poppy seeds
salt and pepper
Method (Food Processor)
- Peel the carrots and roughly chop each carrot into four pieces. If the carrots are very large, cut lengthwise to avoid them getting stuck under the blades.
- Add the almonds, sesame oil, lemon juice and poppy seeds,
- Chop or pulse the salad for five seconds, medium speed.
Method (Without food processor)
- Peel carrots and grate.
- Roughly chop almonds and add to carrots in a bowl
- Add poppy seeds
- Pour in lemon juice and sesame oil and combine
- Season with salt and pepper to taste