This salad is surprisingly filling. It can be served with a sweet potato, in a wrap or just as it is, so it is versatile enough for the whole family.
This is also a great packed lunch recipe!
2 tins of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
250g pack of halloumi cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoons chilli flakes
Salad leaves, assorted
Cooked and cooled broccoli spears
Handful pumpkin seeds
50ml olive oil (extra virgin)
40ml apple cider vinegar
1 dessertspoon Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
- Cook the broccoli in simmering water for 6 minutes. Drain and plunge into iced water to stop the cooking process.
- Arrange all the other vegetables on a large platter and add the cooled broccoli.
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the halloumi cubes and drained chickpeas along with the spices. Cook for around 5-8 minutes, until the halloumi is golden on all sides and the chickpeas have dried out and are coated in the spices.
- Add the chickpea and halloumi mixture over the top of the salad and sprinkle over some pumpkin seeds.
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in a jam jar and pour over the top.