A nice alternative to chickpea hummus. This version is deliciously light and is tasty as a dip or just to have on the side of the plate. This does well with many vegetarian and vegan meals as well as cheese as it has a slightly sweet flavour.
- 350g raw, peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- dash of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- salt and pepper
- 30g sunflower seeds, soaked
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz or pulse for around 7-10 seconds.
- The finished result should be grainy rather than smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for around 3 days.