Green Smoothie Pancakes
Ingredients, serves 4
140g rolled oats
1 banana (100g approx.)
50g cottage cheese
80ml almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Blitz the oats in a food processor for 30 seconds until they resemble a flour like texture. Set to one side.
- Add all the other ingredients (except the bicarbonate of soda) to a food processor and process for 20 seconds until well combined.
- Add the oat flour and the bicarbonate and process again for 10 seconds.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins then heat one teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add small circles of the mixture and cook for two minutes on the first side. Then flip and cook on the other side for a further two minutes. Keep the temperature medium hot so as not to burn them.
Makes 8 pancakes
Serve with quark, cottage cheese or yoghurt and blueberries. Top with superfood pitaya powder.
Substitute the cottage cheese for coconut yogurt or soya yogurt to make it dairy free.
For plant based. In addition, add one tablespoon of chia seeds into the oats when you first grind them if you wish to replace the egg. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before cooking