Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
I am the queen of sneaking vegetables into places they don’t usually belong and this bliss ball recipe is a great example of how to eat more veg!
These balls are truly delicious and whilst they still contain sugar from the dates or apricots there is no added sugar. I like mine with a cup of tea in the afternoon!
- 100g raw carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 75g walnuts
- 75g Brazil or cashew nuts
- 80g dried apricots or dates (both will result in orange bliss balls)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon maca powder (optional)
Extra desiccated coconut for dusting
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz or pulse for around 7-10 seconds at high speed until well combined. Blitz for another 10 seconds if necessary.
- Roll into around 12 balls and roll in the dessicated coconut to stop them sticking together.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a week.