This is seriously the easiest soufflé recipe I have ever tried and can be rustled up in less than 30 minutes. What is great is that you can make more and keep them for the next day!
Ingredients, serves 4
6 medium eggs
150g feta cheese
large handful organic spinach
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper
- Turn oven on to 180C fan
- Put the eggs, feta, spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper into a food processor or bullet and process for around 20 seconds until the cheese and egg mixture is completely.
- Pour the mixture into 4 greased ramekin dishes and set these inside a bigger dish. Fill the larger dish half full of hot water. This is known as a bain-marie*.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, until puffed up and golden and set in the centre.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut around the edges of each ramekin and turn out onto a plate
- Serve with a large salad or hot vegetables.
*A bain-marie is a way of cooking the soufflés more gently. The water allows for a more uniform temperature and keeps the soufflés from drying out at the edges.